If you are looking for the DOGgone Fun Blog Hop, click here.Welcome to the 50 States Blog Hop! Most of us would love to travel but are having staycations this year. What better way to travel but through a blog hop. This hop was inspired by our host Shawnee's journey across the United States as she traveled with her family to their new home. The United States is truly beautiful with many wonderful places to visit and see. If you've hopped along from visiting New Hampshire with Rebecca, then you are in the right place!! If you are just joining me from your dashboard or happened along from somewhere else, please be sure to CLICK HERE to start with the first state in the union, Delaware (my other home!), because you won't want to miss out on any of the fun (or any of the blog candy!!)... There is an AMAZING Grand Prize Package for one LUCKY hopper (winner chosen by Rafflecopter)!! To be entered to win, please do the following:
Welcome to the 50 States Blog Hop!!
Welcome to the 50 States Blog Hop!!
- Visit each state and leave a comment on each project (simply follow the links provided below)
- Like Blessed on the Bright Side and Handmade By Lisa FB Pages.
Welcome to Virginia!
|Image Courtesy of http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/images/usa/virginia.jpg|
|Image Courtesy of http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/IMAGES/Virginia/flag_virginia.gif|
I am proud to call Virginia my home since I first started attending college here in the fall of 2002. My husband spent much of his childhood in Northern Virginia as well, and much of his immediate family lives in the area, so we both consider this state an important part of our lives. I will admit that Virginia is a rather large state and that I have yet to see all of it, but I absolutely love where I live and our proximity to Washington D.C. A few interesting facts about Virginia (according to 50States.com):
- Virginia is known as "the birthplace of a nation".
- Eight United States Presidents were born in Virginia: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, William Harrison, John Tyler, Zachary Taylor, and Woodrow Wilson.
- Seven Presidents are buried in Virginia: Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Tyler, Taft and Kennedy.
- The State flower is not really a flower, but the blossom of the dogwood tree, which is also the state tree.
- The first peanuts grown in the United States were grown in Virginia.
- 10th of the 13 original colonies, Virginia was admitted to the union June 25, 1788.
- The states of Kentucky & West Virginia were formed from sections of the state of Virginia
- About 1/2 of all the people in the United States live within a 500 mile radius of the Capital of Virginia.
- Virginia has been dubbed the "Internet Capital of the world".
- The world's only oyster museum is on Chincoteague Island.
* Solid Wood Plaque
* Behr Ultra Paint (I purchased the color from the "Oops!" section of my local Home Depot, and it was labeled "Custom Color" so I don't have an exact name, lol)
* Value Pack Cardstock in "Dark Blue"
* Making Memories "1 1/4 Chunky Watercolor - Periwinkle Dark" Alphabet Stickers
* Recollections Adhesive Flowers in "White"
* Recollections Adhesive Glitter Shapes in "Hearts" and "Patriotic Stars"
* Double-Sided Tape
* Mod Podge
I cut the outline of Virginia by hand, using an image I found online as a template. The Mod Podge was a bit interesting with the stickers...they did not want to stay put when I went over them with the glue! :)
BLOG CANDY ALERT! :) :) :)
If you are my lucky winner, you will receive:
Recollections' "Travel" Clear Stamps
Bohemian Transfer Titles - Months "Summer"
To enter, please leave a comment on this post along with a way to contact you if you should win. As well, if you become a follower of this page (or are already a follower), please leave me another posting saying that you did so and I will give you a SECOND entry into the drawing. I will post a winner by Tuesday (I am in another hop Friday and Saturday, so I will post the winner from both hops on that day).
Now you can hop to the NEXT STATE IN THE UNION - New York with Shannon!! Remember to leave a comment on each state to be eligible for the GRAND PRIZE!!
Thank you for visiting, I hope to see you again soon! :)
~ Ashley "Scrappin' Pink Piglet"