I am so excited to share my first project as a KinderStampO design team member for "Color It Mondays", a feature which challenges us (and you!) to use a pre-set color design in our projects. This week's color swatch was:
Fun colors, huh? :)
To me, these colors screamed "Christmas!". But coming up with a unique idea for a Christmas-themed project was tough! So I decided to use a little bit of family tradition to come up with a Christmas tag with a twist:
* KinderStampO "Vintage and Traditional Holiday" Stamp Set
* Inkssentials Surfaces Manila Tags - 5" Size (courtesy of Jess :))
* Spellbinders Shapeabilities "Fish Dies"
* DCWV "The Colorful Life" and "The Street Lace" 8x8 Cardstock Stack
* "Xmas Red" and "Green" Stickles
* Making Memories "Deck the Halls" Trims
If you are wondering why I used fish on a Christmas tag...I come from an Italian heritage on my mother's side of the family, and one of the Christmas Eve traditions that we continue to celebrate with my extended family is the Feast of the Seven Fishes. Yum yum yum! I thought I'd bring in a little bit of that family tradition into my tag today to share with you since it fit perfectly with the color scheme and Jess' fun "Vintage and Traditional Holiday" stamps :)
Come back and visit on Wednesday when I post my interpretation of this week's sketch for "Sketchy Wednesdays"!
Thank you for stopping by!
~ Ashley "Scrappin' Pink Piglet"