Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"There's Only One Like You" Butterfly Card

Good evening faithful followers! :)

I hope all is well with everyone! This week the teachers in my district reported back to work. Our students aren't back until Tuesday of next week, but this week was all the fun preparation work that goes into getting ready for another year! I have had a great week so far, since it is the first year in five years (I can't believe I've been teaching that long! lol) that I haven't had to pack up and unpack my room, which has been A-MAZ-ING. I also feel much more prepared and organized than in years past (instead of running around trying to get it all done), so I am truly looking forward to this year!

The card I'm sharing tonight was made for a very good friend of mine who is also one of my teammates at work! J. is the art teacher at my school, and was my mentor the first year I started there. We've been friends since the very beginning, and I feel very blessed to call her my friend. J. was out on maternity leave for most of last year, as she gave birth to her firstborn son (who I will call B.B. for "Baby Boy") aka my "nephew" :) Obviously, since she is at work, she has had to place BB in daycare :( She had a left him with the daycare last week a few times as a "test run", and he was fine. Unfortunately, this week, the drop-off has been quite rough for both J. and BB :( He has cried everytime she has left, and it has been quite stressful for her on top of transitioning back to work. I wanted to make her a little something to remind her that it will all be okay and that she was loved and appreciated :) So I headed down to my craftroom and whipped up this lovely little card:

Supplies Used:
Card: DCWV White & Black Rickrack Cards (A2 Flats)
Cardstock: White Value Pack Cardstock
Stamp(s): KinderStampO "Friendship" Set (sentiment)
Digi Stamp(s): Fred She Said "Monarch Butterfly" Digi & SVG Set
ProMarkers
Stamp Pads: TPC Clearly Better Inks in "Black"
Martha Stewart Punch-Around-the-Page Set in "Monarch Butterfly"
Imaginisce Pop Up Posies in "Brights" and "Pinks"
Imaginisce Pearl Brads
ZIG 2-Way Glue Pen
Zots 3-D Dots
Pink ATG


Since it was a flat A2-sized card, I designed this to go on the back where I could write my message to her:


This was a fun card to create and was pretty easy to pull together after a long day at work. I shared it with J. today, and she LOVED it! Hoping that the rest of the week begins to improve for her and BB!

This weekend is a long one (thank goodness!) and I have several projects to work on in preparation for the hops I am in for the month of September. Hope you enjoyed this card, and I look forward to sharing more projects oon!

Happy Crafting!
Ashley "Scrappin' Pink Piglet"
>:@

No comments:

Post a Comment