Welcome to my submission for this week's "Sketchy Wednesday" over at the KinderStampO blog! I have realized over the last few weeks that my crafting and projects have greatly improved since I joined Jess' design team. I am willing to challenge myself more with the design aspects of my projects as well as try new techniques and materials. This is due in large part to the support of Jess and my lovely DT sisters - thanks ladies for pushing me out of my "comfort zone" and onto bigger and better things! You're all fantastic! :)
I am excited to share this week's project with you. This week's sketch was a bit more of a challenge for me in that I was having a bit of a difficult time locating materials to support the sketch. I had to be creative when following the sketch for this particular project and I am truly proud of the end result.
This week's sketch was:
And my interpretation of the sketch:
|A bit closer up...I used my Stickles to create that fun trim at the bottom of the center portion!|
|I got a bit creative when selecting the sentiment from this card...take a look at my supply list and see if you can figure out what is so special about it!|
* KinderStampO "Vintage Love" Stamp Set
* The Stamping Boutique "Pumpkin Pie" Digital Stamp
* DCWV "The Street Lace" Cardstock Stacks
* Cloud 9 Designs "Seasonal" Paper Pad
* Standard Yellow Cardstock
* ProMarkers: Colorless Blender (PM-121), Sienna Brown (PM-65), Light Umber (PM-172), Orange (PM-16), Cream (PM-23), Pale Vermillion (PM-14), Spanish Orange (PM-123), Yellow Orange (PM-15)
* Stickles in "Purple"
* Dress It Up Buttons - "Country Cats"
* TPC Clearly Better Ink Pads in "Black"
* Tombow Adhesive Runner
* Mini Glue Dots
Yes, you read that right - I used Jess' "Vintage Love" set on a Thanksgiving-themed (or fall-themed, if you'd prefer) card! This just goes to show the versatility of the stamps that Jess creates. You can take a stamp from one themed set and use it in a completely different context on a project - and it works! Yet another reason why I L-O-V-E my KinderStampO sets!
That is all for this week's project. Expect to see a project for this upcoming "Color It Mondays" from yours truly! :)
Take care, and thanks for visiting!
~ Ashley "Scrappin' Pink Piglet"