Friday, July 15, 2011

Birthdays, Birthdays Everywhere!

Good evening all!

Welcome to one of THREE postings I will have for tonight!  Yes, you read that right, THREE!  As I have said over on the Pink by Design Community Forum, July is a busy month for birthdays with my husband's family.  His brother turned 30 last Saturay, his sister will turn 34 this upcoming Sunday, his future brother-in-law's birthday is sometime next week (lol, I honestly can't remember - he and hubby's middle sister are getting married August 7th, so I do know the really important date!), and his mom's birthday is on the 24th.  So, needless to say, it has been a bit busy around here.  In this post I am going to share the cards I created for the first 3 birthdays (brother, sister, and future brother-in-law) but I am saving his mom's card for a separate post because it is honestly, by far, one of my favorite cards EVER.  I will also post hubby's first project with the Cricut Cake Mini (yay!) on the post following this one since it turned out pretty cool.

Without further ado....but with a little background on a few of the cards :)

Leo is my brother-in-law who just turned 30 on the 9th.  Ill explain a little bit more about Leo on the posting about his cake, because his story is a bit of an interesting one.  What I will say here is this:  Leo LOVES Monopoly.  He owns a ridiculous number of the games (I've lost track of which ones, so he could very well have them all, lol) and memorabilia galore.  And if you play with him, it is TOURNAMENT rules ALL THE WAY.  (Hence, why I've never agreed to play with him, ha!)  Anyways, I wanted to create a special card for his birthday that was Monopoly-themed.  I pulled out my Cricut Lite "Billionaire" cartridge and a few of my Sizzix and Spellbinders dies and embossing plates and got to work.  Here is the finished product:



Supplies Used:
Cardstock: DCWV "The Natural Stack", DCWV "The Guy Stack", standard white and black cardstock
Cartridge(s): Cricut Lite "Billionaire"
Stamp(s): Pink by Design's "Take the Cake" (front sentiment), Xyron Design Runner's "Occasions" (inside sentiment)
Die(s):  Sizzix Originals' "Circle Scallop Frame", Spellbinder's "Scalloped Frames"
Embossing Plate(s):  Sizzix "Diagonals"

As you can guess by the list of supplies, I didn't use my Cricut much for this card.  It was namely used to create the "Monopoly man" (or at least someone who looked close enough to him!).  Leo liked the card, although he saw my "signature" (courtesy of my PSA Essentials stamp) on the back and proceeded to spend five minutes trying to figure out a logo for "Scrappin' Pink Piglet" :)

I ended up using the leftover supplies from my earlier cake-themed birthday cards to create my future brother-in-law's card (see this post if you want the details on the materials I used).  I'll post the picture here because it is a little bit different with the glitter glue, but if you've checked out my earlier post, you already know the deal :)


Last, but not least (for this post, at least), I have my sister-in-law Tiffany's birthday card.  She is the only in-law that doesn't live close, so we have not gotten to see her recently, but I wanted her to have a special birthday card like everyone else!




Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Cricut Paper "Celebrations", standard orange, yellow, pink, and purple cardstock
Cartridge(s): Cricut Lite "Birthday Bash"
Stamp(s): Pink by Design's "Take the Cake" (all sentiments)
Ribbon: Leftover from my stash :)
Glitter Glue:  studio G Glitter Glue in Black

I like my sister-in-law's card, but if there is one thing I would change would be the silver ink - it didn't show up as well on the card as I would have liked.  And the ribbon was added to cover up a few errors (i.e. an attempt at stickers and another sentiment stamp) that I had made :)

Hope you enjoyed this post!  Only 3 more to go, lol! :)

Thanks for following me and my crafting journey!

Ashley "Scrappin' Pink Piglet"
>:@

No comments:

Post a Comment