As promised, I have a second project completed tonight! This will be my submission to Flaunt It Fridays' Challenge #5 using the martini glass found on the cartridge "From My Kitchen". I was super excited to use this cartridge - I've had it for a while, but hadn't had a reason to play with it til now! Without further ado...my submission for the challenge:
As you can guess, I had a bit of fun with my iRock tonight ;)
The recipe for this card...
- Cartridge: "From My Kitchen"
- iRock and the iRock Hot Rocks Compact
- Pastel Fashion Colors Value Pack (martini glass outline)
- k-i Memories Designer Paper Pad: Funky Paper Pad II (martini and olive in glass)
- DCWV Brights Adhesive Mat Stack (olive with sentiment inside)
- Pink by Design Stamps: "Christmas Wishes" (sentiment)
- Peachy Keen Stamps: "Happy Lashes Face Assortment"
- Sizzix: "Dashes" Texture Plate
- Stickles: "Star Dust"
For this card, I cut the base of the martini glass at 4" wide and 4.754" high. I cut two additional martini glasses for the inside of the glass at both 3.4" wide and 4.154" high and 2" wide by 2.754" high. The olive inside the glass was cut at 1.142" wide and 1.312" high. The ovals for the sentiment were cut at 2.493" wide and 1.505" high and I trimmed the inner white circle slightly with a pair of scissors to fit.
I absolutely love this card! It was a lot of fun to make. As I said before, I think the iRock and gems were perfect for this card - you always need a little bling when you're drinking a martini! ;)
I was also super excited to use my Peachy Keen stamps for the first time, especially since I've heard such wonderful things about them from everyone in the crafty blog world! I think they look great and work perfectly on both cards I've created tonight!
Wish me luck with the Flaunt It Friday's challenge!!
Til my next project :)